Scottish Highland Festival This Weekend! January 26/27
January 25, 2013
Just a reminder! Scottish Highland Festival this weekend! Sounds like fun, kids are just $5.
Saturday, January 26 from 10:00 am to 6:00 pm:
- Bagpipe and Drumming Master Class
- Bonnie Rideout Presents: The Art of Scotland’s Fiddle Piobaireachd
- Demonstrations of Scottish Country Dancing with open social dancing
- Children’s Passport to Scotland featuring Highland Games and crafts in cooperation with Mid-Atlantic Scots 4 Tots
- Exhibits highlighting authentic crafts and goods for sale—including jewelry, pottery, traditional apparel and much more
- Presentations examining the culture and history of Scotland’s past and present
A Taste of Scotland
- Scotch Whisky Master Class with Dougie Wylie the Scotch Whisky Man
(Must be 21 years of age or older to attend)
$35 per person
- Full Afternoon Tea
$35 per person
- Note: Admission to the Festival is included with the purchase of the Scotch Whisky Master Class or Full Afternoon Tea.
Click here for a complete schedule of activities.
Sunday, January 27:
- The Black Watch & the Band of the Scots Guards
& The Pipes, Drums and Highland Dancers of 3rd Battalion
4:00 pm in Merchant Hall
The magnificent pageantry of British military tradition and
history comes to life when these two esteemed military bands take the
stage and fill the hall with rousing marches, stirring anthems and the
distinctive sounds of bagpipes and brass.
$34, $42, $50 • Family Friendly pricing available: Buy Tickets Now!
- Burns Night Supper
6:30 pm in Gregory Family Theater
Join us for a Burns Night Supper following the performance.
This festive dinner will include all the pomp and pageantry fit to
celebrate the life and works of Scotland’s national bard, Robert Burns.
A special performance by International Scottish Fiddler Bonnie Rideout,
poetry reading and the presentation of Scotland’s national dish,
Haggis, complete the festivities for the evening!
A Special Offer for our FRIENDS, when you buy a ticket to the Burns Night Supper receive admission for one to Saturday’s events for FREE. However, the offer does not include admission to the Scotch Whisky Tasting or Full Afternoon Tea.