Ridge Runners- Lake Ridge Running Club
June 25, 2012
The Ridge Runners are a fantastic group of SUPPORTIVE and kind people who are around to encourage and share their love (or love/hate) of running. New walkers and runners through elite competitors are welcome! This is a great opportunity to take care of yourself as a momma, because runs take place in the evenings and can help you run at night without having to be running alone! Smart!
Here’s the latest Ridge Runner newsletter! Check them out and go run!
Considering the high-octane excitement generated by our anniversary party on Monday and record-breaking run on Tuesday, I will keep this Club News edition short and sweet to keep you revved up for the festivities. Please find below information I sent two weeks ago since many of you have asked me to repeat it.
We invite you to join us on Monday, June 25 for our one-year reunification anniversary open house!
Count on food, music, t-shirt and door prize giveaways, cake, and great conversation. Mark your calendars to drop by our open house any time between 7 and 9 p.m. at Tall Oaks Community Center (corner of Hedges Run and Cotton Mill). RidgeRunners Club 2012-2013 registration will be available onsite for $15
(individual membership) and $30
(family membership) regardless of your address (LRPRA member and non-member fees will be the same). We are also offering a $5 discount on membership renewals for current members
. Don’t miss out!
And please join us for a group run on Tuesday, June 26 at 7:30 p.m. at the LRES parking lot. We are aiming to break our current record of 35 runners. We will take photos and run the course with our banners. You may even run in costume!
We are excited to announce a new partnership with Max Muscle (located at 12849 Galveston Ct. in Manassas). Representatives from the company will be present at both anniversary events to discuss nutrition and athletic performance. More information on this partnership will follow in the next Club News!
THIS WEEK IN RUNNING:
PLEASE NOTE THAT SATURDAY’S RUN LOCATION HAS CHANGED TO PRINCE WILLIAM PARKWAY.
- Saturday: 8 a.m. Prince William Parkway. Park at McCoart building for an easy out-and-back run of varying distances.
- Sunday: 8 a.m. Mount Vernon Trail. Meet at the end of the visitor’s parking lot nearest mile marker zero for a great scenic run.
- Monday: 4:30 p.m. Occoquan Mill House Museum (CCT/VA-123) group run. See website for details.
- Monday: 7-9 p.m. Anniversary Open House at Tall Oaks Community Center (12298 Cotton Mill Drive).
- Tuesday: 7:30 p.m. at Lake Ridge Elementary School (11970 Hedges Run Drive) for a record-breaking group run!
- Wednesday: 9 a.m. group run. Corner of Aviary Way and Hedges Run Drive. Eight-mile course on paved roads and trail.
- Thursday: 7:30 p.m. at Lake Ridge Middle School (12350 Mohican Road) for a group run preceded by speed work on track at 7 p.m.
Run Like the Wind,