My Link Teen Bus Pass Summer 2014
June 6, 2014
Teens ages 13-19 may use MyLink on OmniLink and Cross County Connector buses between
Monday, June 2 and Saturday, August 30, 2014. The pass costs $30, and in return teens get an
unlimited number of local bus rides for the entire summer! With the cost of a regular one-way bus
ride currently at $1.30, a teen who takes at least 12 round-trips during the summer will save money
by riding with a MyLink pass. Passes will be sold at multiple locations from June 2 – August 1,
Getting three months of unlimited bus rides for $30 is a bargain, but teens can save even more when
they showing their MyLink pass at these attractions:
– Potomac Nationals, Pfitzner Stadium, Woodbridge –$1 off general admission at Friday home
– Prince William Ice Center, 5180 Dale Boulevard, Woodbridge –$2 off public skate entry;
– Bowl America, 13409 Occoquan Road, Woodbridge and 9000 Mathis Avenue, Manassas – one free
game per visit, per day;
– Manassas 4 Cinemas, 8890 Mathis Avenue, Manassas – $1 off admission on Fridays, Saturdays and
– Stonewall Pool, 8531 Stonewall Road, Manassas – $1 off admission.
With MyLink, teens won’t need to borrow the family car or beg for gas money to get around town.
MyLink enables teens to have a safe, reliable ride to get to summer jobs, shopping centers,
recreation centers, libraries and lots of other places where they want to go.
For the convenience of teens and their parents, passes will be sold June 2 – August 1 at:
– The PRTC Transit Center, at the intersection of Potomac Mills Road and Telegraph Road in
Woodbridge, Monday – Friday 7 a.m. – 7 p.m.
– Chinn Aquatics and Fitness Center (cash or credit only), Monday – Thursday 5 a.m. – 9 p.m.;
Friday 5 a.m. – 8 p.m.; Saturday 7 a.m. – 5 p.m.; Sunday 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
– Sharron Baucom – Dale City Recreation Center (cash or credit only), Monday – Friday 6 a.m. – 9
p.m.; Saturday 8 a.m. – 8 p.m.; Sunday 8 a.m. – 6 p.m.
– Ben Lomond Community Center (cash or credit only), Monday – Friday 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
– Manassas City Hall Treasurer’s Office (cash only), Monday – Friday 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.
– Manassas Park City Hall Treasurer’s Office (cash only), Monday – Friday 8:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
and 3-5 p.m.
Teens who have a photo ID should bring it with them when purchasing a MyLink pass because a
sticker will be applied to the front of their ID. Teens who don’t have a photo ID will be given a
MyLink card with a sticker. Teens simply show their ID or MyLink card to the bus operator each
time they board.
The Potomac and Rappahannock Transportation Commission, PRTC, provides transportation services
in Prince William County and the Cities of Manassas and Manassas Park. OmniLink local buses
serve routes in Manassas and Manassas Park on Mondays through Fridays and serve routes in Dale
City, Dumfries, Lake Ridge, Quantico, the Route 1 Corridor and Woodbridge on Mondays through
Saturdays. The Cross County Connector operates Mondays through Fridays and connects eastern
Prince William County with the Manassas area.
MyLink is one of three PRTC programs designed to educate youth about public transportation.
PRTC also offers a preschool and elementary program focusing on bus safety, and a middle school
program that shows how public transportation helps to preserve our environment and natural
For more information about MyLink or any of PRTC’s transportation services, contact