May Day 5K- Run It!
March 29, 2013
The Lake Ridge RidgeRunners are a great group, and I’ve mentioned them before. Whether you’re an experienced runner (they’ve got some Ultra Marathon Runners!) or you need to walk your 5k, they’ve got peers, positive reinforcement, and encouragement for you! I never ever ever could’ve run the Cherry Blossom without starting with the RidgeRunners.
One of the great events the RidgeRunners host is the May Day 5K. This is a great event, especially because it’s so kid-friendly! If your Prince William County (or wherever) elementary school has a running club, this is a fantastic event to run with the kids!
Here are the details:
This event is an annual community 5K run and walk through Lake Ridge neighborhoods. We encourage participants of all ages and fitness levels. Enjoy a fun-filled day of friendly competition, music, great post-race food, an award ceremony prize raffle, face painting for children, and much more!
May Day 5K Fees and Registration Schedule:
- $12 Early Bird Youth Fee (until March 31, 2013 for ages 18 and younger)
- $15 Regular Youth Registration Fee (April 1 to April 27, 2013)
- $20 Early Bird Adult Fee (until March 31, 2013)
- $25 Regular Registration Fee (April 1 to 27, 2013)
- $30 Race Weekend Registration (May 3, 4, 5, 2013 NO SHIRT)
- Friday, May 3, 2013, at the Woodbridge VA RUNNER store from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Saturday, May 4, 2013 during the LRPRA Annual Yard Sale, 8 a.m. to noon
- Sunday, May 5, 2012, from 6:45 to 7:45 a.m.
- Please pick up your packets early
- Race will start promptly at 8 a.m. on Sunday, May 5.
- The award ceremony will begin at 9 a.m. and include a raffle for prizes.
- Top three finishers in these age divisions will receive a medal: 10 and younger, 11-14, 15-18, 19-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, and 60 and older.
- Top three male and female finishers will receive a trophy
- Top male and female RidgeRunners Club members will receive a trophy
- The elementary school and the adult team with the most participants will be named “Fittest School” and “Fittest Team” and receive a trophy
- The elementary school and the adult team with the fastest average times for its top five finishers will be named “Fastest School” and “Fastest Team” and receive a trophy