December 2012 Fairfax Symphony Kids’ Passport Program
November 28, 2012
The Fairfax Symphony Orchestra invites students and families to attend its next concert on Saturday, December 8th, at George Mason University’s Center for the Arts in Fairfax, VA, at 8:00 p.m.
This performance features pianist, James Dick,
and works by Rossini and Tchaikovsky. All students will be invited to join the Student Passport Club!
Fairfax Symphony Concert Information:
· Date: Saturday, December 8, 2012 at 8:00 p.m.
· Location: George Mason University’s Center for the Arts, Fairfax
· Cost: Student Tickets only $5; Adult Tickets begin at $25
· Tickets: Available beginning at 6:00 p.m. on December 8th at the “Student Ticket Window.” Students must be present when purchasing their tickets the night of the concert.
· Parking: Free in Lot K; event parking fee in garage
· Personal passportto be stamped at each event
· Special program notesand activity sheets for each concert
· Free gifts
· Invitation to a special reception with an opportunity to meet FSO musicians and play many different instruments
Mischief in Music Corner:
If you attended the last FSO concert in November, bring back your program with the Scavenger Hunt questions completed for an extra stamp! Those who missed this performance are welcome to participate too. Simply bring your answers to the following questions about the composer featured on this performance:
1. How old was Rossini when his first opera premiered?
2. What instrument did Rossini play with his father’s musical group?
3. At what age did Tchaikovsky begin playing the piano?